Thursday, September 27, 2007

The $6 Movie

I still use my college ID without shame to get discounts. I applaud the folks at my alma mater who neglected to put a date on my ID and I plan to use it until my hair turns gray. But my ID hasn't helped me with the steep movie prices in NYC. Ticket pushers laugh when I ask if they offer a student discount. So the next best thing is the A.M.Cinema program at select AMC theaters.

Shows before noon on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are only $6. Double check before you go to make sure your location participates. Last Sunday morning I saw The Darjeeling Limited during its opening weekend at 11:50 am for $6, almost half of what it would have cost for me to see the flick 10 minutes later. Now my only challenge is to keep myself from blowing my discount on popcorn and candy in the future...

Bottom Line: Same movies, for less
check www.amctheaters.com for A.M.Cinema participating locations

0 comments: