Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Want My (Free) TV


Sometime around when cable TV became a necessity and when flat screens popped up in cars, someone neglected to cater to those of us who don't want to pay for TV. Maybe it's just my apartment, but every channel comes in fuzzy and it isn't worth the trouble to adjust the antenna (which I purchased from a guy at Radio Shack who clearly thought I was a hermit stuck in the stone age) to watch reruns of Friends where you can only see shadowy blurs of color. I was convinced I didn't need TV. What a waste of time! It's so lazy. Then I got bored. And desperate for mind-numbing entertainment. That is how I found TV Links.

TV Links is a website full of, you guessed it, links to TV shows. There are mainstream network shows like Seinfeld, The O.C. and Heros. There are even HBO shows like The Sopranos, Deadwood and Six Feet Under. But the best part (I think) about TV Links is the weird, random shows on there. When's the last time you saw an episode of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Maybe you've been craving a little Fraggle Rock or 21 Jump Street? Keep in mind many of the links only have a few select episode and the quality isn't exactly crystal clear. But it's free after all, what did you expect? Now, if you watch nothing else on the site, you must watch a few episodes of Peep Show, a sort of British version of Arrested Development and The Office. It's become my new way of testing my friends. If they like Peep Show and become immediately obsessed, then we can remain friends and live happily ever after in Peep Show euphoria. If they can only muster a little chuckle...well you can guess why I've been bored recently.

I actually have neglected to post anything on cheaptricksnyc about TV Links out of fear. I love TV Links. I do not understand how it exists and live in constant fear it will be shut down. One night a few weeks ago I sat down to enjoy an episode of Peep Show and it appeared to have been taken off the site. I vowed never again to take TV Links for granted. Once it started working again I feverishly watched all of the episodes of Peep Show one after another all night like an old lady playing the penny slots in Atlantic City. I don't want to go back to that place. Use this knowledge of TV Links for good and, for my sake, not evil.

Bottom Line: Free TV that's almost better than cable

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

TV Links is amazing. I'm currently making my way through Freaks & Geeks.
Must. Go. Watch. More.