Monday, October 22, 2007

Dining for Dollars


I am a sucker for rewards programs. I sign up for frequent flier offers, I have a frequent flier credit card, I eat at restaurants that give me double points on said credit card and order flowers off of their online frequent flier mall. It's a sickness. So you can imagine why I love opentable.com. Not only can you make restaurant reservations without ever picking up a phone, you earn points with each completed reservation. Once you've racked up enough of those points, opentable.com will issue you a gift certificate good at any participating restaurants.

If more than 700 restaurants in New York aren't enough to pique your interest, opentable.com has restaurants in 47 states (I'm pulling for you West Virginia!!!) and seven other countries. I used the points I gathered from NYC reservations on a posh dinner in Las Vegas. Even better, you can make reservations for other names. Perfect for all of the administrative assistants out there (ahem).

Normally, 20 reservations gives you the points for a $20 gift certificate. But some restaurants offer up extra points for off times. Dine at one of those spots twice and you have enough points for the $20 gift card. Brilliant!

Bottom Line: Frequent restaurant diner rewards across the US and beyond!
www.opentable.com

0 comments: