Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Food Rehab

Salads are my way of going into rehab. My drug of choice? Food. Specifically, artery-clogging, brick-in-your-stomach greasy food. Usually I crave a salad after a week-long bender of fondue, milkshakes, french fries and burritos. But, much like Lindsay Lohan, I don't fancy the taste of rehab. Salads can be so bland and unsatisfying! But I have found the silver lining in the rehab/salad cloud. I have discovered Chirping Chicken.

Sure, it may look like any other greasy spoon takeout. But don't let the modest digs fool you. The Greek salad with grilled chicken is divine. For $6.99 you get a filling salad with tomatoes, olives, a big block of feta, two grapes leaves, cucumbers and pita. They also have some of the best roasted chicken around. And next time I'm on another binge I'm trying the ribs, mac and cheese, wings, sweet potato fries, mashed potatoes, souvlaki sandwich and rice pudding. It's like if Promises also had great beer on tap.

Bottom Line: Clucking fabulous chicken. Don't be fooled; UWS location is best
Chirping Chicken
350 Amsterdam at 77th Street and Broadway
212.787.6631

3 comments:

Moggy said...

I need to try something like that. I'm not going to come to New York for it, but I bet I could find something that was healthy and didn't taste bad.

Well I think I could anyway ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's a ton of food for $7! I'm sold.

Anonymous said...

I too look for an escape from weeks and weeks of french fries and milkshakes. What a great discovery thanks!!