Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cash it in, Cash it in

The concept behind Coinstar is brilliant. Dump the contents of your change jar into a machine, and voilĂ  -- You're instantly $10 or $20 or (if you hoard quarters like me) $30 richer.

But that sweet counting machine isn't free. In fact, it takes a commission of nearly 10% of your hard-earned change.

That's why you should pour your pennies into a bag and run to a Commerce Bank, where the coin counters (or "Penny Arcades") are free, free, free.

That's right. Free.

Even if you're not a Commerce banker? Free.
Even if you have 18 bags of change? Free.

Say it with me. Free.
All together now. Free!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commerce Bank is a little far for me. . . so when I use Coinstar, I often go for the "Amazon Gift Card" option. There's always something I can use on Amazon, and they don't charge any commission if you go the gift card route. (Although, it's not so much a gift card as it is a code printed out on a receipt that is very easily shoved into a pocket and lost.)