Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reduced Cancer Popcorn

When I first heard that it is possible to make microwaved popcorn using just popcorn kernels and a paper bag I did not believe delicious popped corn could be so easy. Had the evil popcorn corporations fooled me into believing pre-packed bags with fake buttery flavoring (and a bit of carcinogens) were the only way? I have tried this simplified method it and I am a believer. That's right, just put some kernels in a small paper bag (I usually go with 1/4 cup), tape or staple closed, microwave for three minutes and you have fresh popcorn. I like to toss the kernels in a little olive oil and salt first. And if you're really missing that butter flavor melt a little in the mix after it's popped.

Bottom Line: Just the way we like popcorn: cheap and easy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take that, Orville! This is very cool.