Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Craftastic

Yesterday I wore a cotton Gap dress that I got for a steal. It's black and poofy and easy to wear, and I'm guessing you've seen it, because in the past two weeks I've noticed it on approximately 8,000 various women.

I'm exaggerating a little.
But four words that budget-minded shoppers like myself rarely hear? One. Of. A. Kind.

Seriously, we all know there's a direct correlation between the size of a store and the price of its goods (the less you see, the more it's going to cost you), and I generally assume that if something's truly "one of a kind," then it (and its expensive price tag) is meant for investment bankers and socialites with dogs in their purses.

Last weekend, my friends, I beat the system.
I hit Brooklyn's Renegade Craft Fair, and, yes, I made out like a bandit.

The Renegade vendors have long since packed up their homemade t-shirts and handsewn bags and crocheted chopstick holders (it's an annual event), but you can buy most of their goods online. And because I'm still on a post-shopping high, I thought I'd share my [Cheap! Practically ONE OF A KIND!] finds with you.

Clockwise (L-R): Sesame Letterpress coasters ($1 each); Art Star salt & pepper shakers ($18); S. Rankin handmade earrings ($10); Etui printed cards ($3 each); Holly Hue coin purse (free--DIYers rock!); Sesame Letterpress notecards (2 for $1); Tall Glass t-shirt ($10); Holly Hue hobo bag ($28). Center: My Paper Crane Ketchup Loves Mustard notecards (pack of 5 for $5).

Bottom Line: One of a kind never felt so good (and attainable).

0 comments: